The Seed of the Year – West winner will be selected on his/her past contributions to the overall industry, we want to link this to the future by allowing the winner of the award to present a “scholarship” to a student enrolled at a masters or PhD level in plant breeding or plant genetics at either the University of Alberta, University of Saskatchewan, or the University of Manitoba.
Our goal is to make this a long term part of Seed of the Year and have a scholarship available each season to be provided to the university program chosen by the winner of “Seed of the Year”.
- Masters or PhD candidate enrolled in plant breeding or plant genetics
- $4,000 Scholarship per year
- Academic record – past two years
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume or letter outlining education, work history, and extracurricular activities
- Recipient must be willing to allow his/her name to be released in a news release
Each season, Scholarship applications will be posted at the universities by late summer with applications due by early October.